Well, I'm happy to report that we are free from the lice invasion. Yay! I haven't found a nit in over a week, so hopefully we won't see this again for a very long time. I'd like to say we're free forever, but I'm not stupid enough to jinx myself. Now I have to start unloading all the garbage bags. I had put them on the balcony off of the master bedroom and I'm starting to wonder how much we really need that stuff. I kind of enjoyed the small amount of extra space I had in my closets. I think I can definitely get rid of some stuffed animals without the kids noticing. They didn't even miss them. Hmmm, I think I've just stumbled onto the perfect solution for simplifying. As soon as I'm mobile again, I'm going to go through the kid's toys and put half of them away for two weeks. If they don't ask about any of it, it's gone.
I just realized most of you are probably wondering why I'm not mobile. No I didn't break my legs, I'm sorry I haven't kept my blog up to date. It's kind of weird, really. I've had this horrible annoying cough for about 3 weeks or so. You know how when you get those you're stomach muscles get incredibly sore? Well strangely, for me this time it was my ribcage. My brother-in-law (he's a PA) thinks maybe some of my ribs separated from my sternum. That is so much more painful than sore tummy muscles, let me tell you. Anyway, Friday night I had a coughing fit and was bent over trying to minimize the rib pain, when I felt this little 'pop' in my side. I didn't even have time to wonder what it was before I was overwhelmed with white-hot, dizzying pain. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, Jared couldn't figure out what to do with me. It was 11:30 at night, so I couldn't go to a doctor and I wasn't about to go to the emergency room when I knew what was wrong with me, just as I knew there was nothing they could do about it but give me drugs. So I took 4 Ibuprofen and went to bed sitting up that night. I'll bet you've never heard of someone breaking a rib from coughing, but apparently it happens often enough for my bro-in-law to not even be surprised.
So that's what happened and life goes on. I got to stay in bed most of Saturday while my kids ran wild. I only left the house once to get pick up some prescriptions from the pharmacy. I decided then that driving was to be avoided if at all possible. We had our primary program yesterday, so I still had to go participate in that, smiling and singing along with the kids as if I didn't have a knife in my side. They were so cute though, and I had my friend Codeine to help me out. Anything stronger would have had me sleeping or loopy. Codeine isn't fabulous for pain, but it sure helps with the cough and if you ask me, that's good enough. It doesn't hurt too much as long as I just sit still - no bending, reaching, twisting, or lifting, so dang, I guess I'll just have to be lazy for a while. I wonder how many books I can read before the house falls apart?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Amy, I wish we lived closer so we could help you out. hang in there. Let me know if you have any book recommendations ;)
I'm soooo sorry Amy. That is horrible! I hope that you recover soon. Good think you have a doctor in the family, that way you've saved lots of money going in just to be told, here is some pain meds, thats all we can do. As for book recommendations, did you ever read Stephenie Meyer's unfinished script for the Twilight book in Edward's point of view? It is pretty good and I think you can find it on her website. Get better!
Yah Becks, I've read it. Good stuff. I have a bag of random books I got for $2 from a library book sale. Right now I'm reading a book about a guy hired to work with genetic engineering on viruses, While trying to neutralize one, he discovered that he'd created a flu virus that causes your brain to explode. Yummy. I think I may pursue the stack again before I read more of that one.
I cracked 2 of my ribs when I was younger and it is PAINFUL! Plus, I remember being sick and coughing that hard when I was pregnant. I only pulled a couple muscles, but I can imagine how you could break ribs. I'm so sorry that happened, especially when you have kids to take care of! Get better soon!
Amy-
I have stumbled onto your blog. How fun for me!! I think of you every know and then and wonder how life is treating you. It's fun to see your cute family. So sorry about your rib. Youch!!
Britt
Oh Amy!!! I feel so bad! Not only for the rib (although thats probably the worst...), but also for the cough! If your cough can break a rib, it must be awful!!!! Good luck...we've got the cough thing starting in our family, too...thank you kindergarten! (:
Post a Comment