Thursday, April 10, 2008

Early Picts of Jared's New Office

Since we found out we were qualified for our business loan, we have been hard at work to get things started. Finally over the last few weeks we have started to see real progress. The above picture is a early concept design for my logo and outdoor sign.

And the build out begins... I decided to save a lot of money by doing some of the work myself. I quickly found out how hard concrete work really is. You can see by these pictures it gets extremely dusty and loud. After the first day of work I went out and bought new padded gloves and ear plugs. Sometimes Amy and the kids would come by to see how things were going.

Andrew, Braden, and Katie thought it was really cool to be in an office where they could walk through all of the walls. These pictures are taken just before all the electrical wires and sheet rock go up.

The kids are really disappointed that our wall mural has to go. It was left by the previous tenants and ends up right in the middle of my glasses dispensary. Anyway, I will try to keep everyone updated on how the office is coming.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Couldn't you just paint some 'specs' on the jaguar? Perhaps a distinguished looking monocle? Just kidding. Imagine that same idea translated into the dental office--dogs and cats with people teeth and the like. Yeah, you should paint over it!

Brett Abbott said...

Nice. You're like Bob the Builder, only Jared the Builder. And a real person, not a cartoon. And an optometrist and not really a builder...So I guess you're nothing like Bob the Builder. But, dude! You're using a jackhammer!

Jenna said...

I'm excited to see the progress on your new office!! What fun! P.S. I love the slideshow on your blog...maybe I missed it before...is it new? Oh, thanks Amy for the hair tips for Brinna...I just bought the gel, and can't wait to try it...(I'm not sure if Brinna can't wait though...) (: