Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stress and Relief

I decided that I've neglected our blog far too long. Everything has just been so crazy and I've been thinking life has to slow down at some point, but I've recently come to know that it's only going to get busier, so I'd better learn to suck it up and manage my time better. As if starting a business, helping my grandfather with upkeep at the apartment complex, having two little boys in tee ball, and trying to keep my home in some kind of order isn't enough to keep me occupied, I have just been called to be the Primary President - so now I'm really freaking out!

I've never been in a presidency at all before, so I don't really know what to expect. I feel like I'm already super busy. For example, this has been my day so far: 7am-wake up, get Andrew ready. 8am-take Andrew to school, come home and get Braden and Katie fed and dressed, give Braden medicine for fever, practice for solo I have to sing at funeral, get ready, drop of kids at my sister's. 10am-Funeral 11:30-change, pick up kids, go to storage facility to dig out Andrew's baseball pants, drag Katie and a sick Braden out to meet Jared at furniture store, pick out and purchase end tables for waiting room, come home to find a temporary home for tables, feed kids, eat lunch, settle Katie down for nap, clean house. 3pm, pick up Andrew, check on progress of painters at new office (disappointed at progress), go home feeling stressed, sit down to write blog and vent. Ahhhhh, that feels a little better. As long as I don't think about dinner, then dishes, then tee ball, then cleaning mold out of an apartment's bathroom . . . Anyone ready to throw me a pity party yet? Well, I know I'm not the only one out there that feels like this from time to time, but sometimes it's nice to have a moment to feel sorry for one's self. Okay, moment's over.

Now, some comic relief. My kids are great.

Andrew:
"Mom, where did my wart come from?"
"I don't know Andrew, sometimes warts just happen."
Andrew frowns, he doesn't think my explanation is good enough, so I ask him where he thinks warts come from. He makes a face and says, "frogs."

Braden:
My sweet little Braden. So I'm standing in the kitchen looking at the calendar, and Braden comes up and starts rubbing my tummy. "Mom, when are you going to have another baby?" I sigh. He asks me this every week or so. Usually it is accompanied by his observation that my tummy is getting fatter, so am I sure there's not a baby in it? Anyway, bracing myself for the unfortunate reminder, I tell him that I don't know when we'll have another baby, but I know I don't have one in my tummy now. But he changes his response this time and hugs me saying, "Okay mom, I love you."


Katie:
Katie is at the age where she likes to pull out wet wipes and go clean things. So I see her walking around with this grubby little wipe that she's been "cleaning" the window with. I said, "Katie are you cleaning the house?" She says "dirty," and looks down at her wipe, thinking for a minute, then she rubs it all over her face and says, "all clean!" then hands me the wipe and walks away. Unfortunately, her facial has caused more harm than good (streaky little cheeks).

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh so cute! What a good little Mommy you are! I think that realization that life doesn't slow down hit me not long ago, too...scary, isn't it!!!! Good thing for vacations now and then!

Johnson Family said...

I was going to leave you a comment, but I think an email will be more appropriate! I am primary president for over 2 years now, I am here for ya! And I hear you on the stress thing...Erik was called a few months ago as EQ Pres! And yes, I am still primary pres...with children ages 5, 4, and 10 months...and expecting our fourth in AUGUST! But you're doing great! Ok, I am going to go email you now...

Johnson Family said...

Ok, I am a dork! I can't find your email address...I am having some issues :) Send it to me! kendratjohnson@hotmail.com

Becky said...

Sounds like "fun" Amy. You'll do great as the primary president. Here's my advice from working in different presidencies. DELIGATE! Have your counselors help you out and that really helps. I love how kids think. Jackson said to me the other day after having Joseph, "Mommy, there is no baby in you anymore because your tummy is flat now." Unlike Braden's comment, I guess Jackson's made me feel pretty good. But I wouldn't have thought he'd care or notice.

Stephanie said...

My kids wash everything with wet wipes too! Good thing I stopped buying Huggies! I have to say I've never been in a presidency before, but I was the primary chorister for a couple years and boy do those ladies work hard in their callings! You'll do great though!