Well, the holidays are creeping up on us. I can't believe how fast November is flying by. What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? We're staying here. We'll have dinner at my mom's, which will be interesting since mom just got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Poor mom. Our desert spread is going to see some changes for sure. If anybody has some good Splenda recipes, do share.
On a happier note, I'm proud to say that Jared and I have already completed most of our Christmas shopping! We took a day trip to Albuquerque yesterday. We were supposed to be there for the Stake Temple Day, but the day before we left we realized our recommends had expired at the end of October. Oops. We already had a babysitter lined up for the day (thanks sis), so we decided to go anyway and make it a shopping day. We spent about two hours in Toys 'R' Us and dropped an unbelievable amount of dough there. We really didn't spend any more than usual, but we're not used to doing it all at once. I just walked away from the register as Jared was receiving the total. I have a pretty good idea how much it was, but I can pretend ignorance.
Regardless of my sore feet from the shopping (and sore backside from the travel), by the time we got home I still felt pretty good. Every mom needs an entire day away from the kids every now and then. It's therapeutic. We got to eat in restaurants that didn't serve chicken nuggets and everything! No Olive Garden this time though, Jared was craving Mexican :(
Our next project is to purge the boys room, because it is becoming the kids' room. That's right, Katie is moving out of our room at last! It's time for potty training, so Katie needs to graduate to a big girl bed. I don't know how we're going to fit everything in there. We're going to have to put at least half of their toys in storage. They won't know what hit 'em. If only it were a year from now and we felt secure enough in the business to buy a house. I just keep telling myself "it will come" or "it could be worse" we could have five or six kids in our two bedroom apt. Now that would be hard. Does anyone have any ingenious storage solutions for small spaces? I'm desperate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Amy, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year. One of our favorite recipes is to get no sugar added cherry pie filling (wal-mart) and Pillsbury white cake mix with spenda. Just put 2 cans of pie filling at bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Than put prepared cake mix on top and bake for about 30 minutes. Serve with sugar free whipping cream (wal-mart) or no sugar added ice cream (guess where...wal-mart). If you need anymore ideas just let me know.
No one told us that she had diabetes! She was even with us on Friday and not a word. Oh well, we're the last to know everything. :-) Anyway... you know I've got storage solutions! Maybe I'll drop by when we're up there for Thanksgiving and give you some ideas. I shopped all day Saturday too. It was a mad house, huh?
Oh, man. You really should just call my mom. They have some really fun desserts. Plus they have pie's that are sugar free.
I'm sorry about your mom Amy. I guess you'll just have to get creative with the desserts. That sound fun to go shopping for a whole day with no kids. Brett and I did our Christmas shopping for the kids already too. Only this time, we did it late at night on the computer! Now we just need to get stocking stuffers.
Last year I had presents ready before Thanksgiving...unfortunately, this year I am doing the opposite! We haven't done any shopping! I sure hope things don't get too busy for us!
As for storage, you can always revert to the cinder block days.. or if you're willing to put in a little money, try one ofg those loft bunk beds without the bottom bunk...maybe both boys wouldn't mind being on the top bunk? and Katie on the bottom...that would leave space for stuff.
Post a Comment