Friday, December 5, 2008

It's not that the last few weeks haven't been eventful, I've just been too lazy to blog lately. Braden was so proud to finally lose his first tooth (He's not even in kindergarten yet). We took a picture to commemorate the occasion:




Katie hit a milestone of her own. A couple of days ago, I was folding laundry upstairs while the kids enjoyed the electronic babysitter downstairs. After what seemed like an hour of matching socks, Katie came in my room saying, "look Mommie!" I ignored her for a moment, until she put a pile of blond hair on the bed in front of me. Nooooo! She had found a pair of the kids' scissors and thoroughly butchered her pretty hair. I'd had the front pulled back into two little pigtails and she cut half of one of them off, and on the other side, she cut a chunk of hair up above her ear. I really wish I wasn't too traumatized to take a picture, but it just didn't occur to me to document the disaster. After cleaning up all the hair and giving my shaggy monkey a bath, we put in a call to grandma to help us with hair repair. My mom wouldn't touch it. She told me that since this probably would happen again at some point, I needed to learn how to fix it myself. Advice and moral support were all she could offer. Thanks mom. So, here's Katie showing off her slightly crooked new haircut (with some choppy chunkies still showing on one side becuase I couldn't bear to go any shorter).

6 comments:

Kari said...

She looks really cute. I just cut (okay Heather did it) Ally's hair that short. I really like it. Good job on the haircut. Impressive! (BTW, scissors are my worst nightmare. I would cry for days if one of my girls did that. How did you hold up?)

marie said...

See is even prettier. Good job, Amy!

Lynette said...

It happens with every generation. You got lucky with Katie, at least she didn't scalp herself! Also you can look at the bright side of things...less tangles to fuss with! You did a great job with the haircut!

Brett Abbott said...

I agree Amy, you did a great job on her hair. She looks really cute! Thats funny because yesterday I was fixing dinner when Jackson yelled out, "Jacob is cutting Joseph's hair!" I immediately stopped what I was doing and ran to stop him. I was more afraid of Jacob hurting Joseph than the cut hair, because since he has short boy hair, you can't really tell where he cut. We're all fine though. So I guess our little preschooler were thinking alike.

Brett Abbott said...

Darn, that was actually me, Becky.

Brett Abbott said...

This is the real Brett T. Abbott, Esq. Man, you have some cute kids...