Thursday, December 25, 2008

"I Can't Fly"

Merry Christmas everyone. I'll do a whole Christmas post when I have a chance to download our pictures, but right now I just want to quickly share Katie's latest moment of cuteness. She's had a fabulous Christmas. She's completely covered in the princess department now, and as she was modeling her new dress-up duds (which consisted of a princess ballet leotard with skirt, topped with blue glitter skirt, complete with blue fairy wings and "big girl" shoes that are about 8 sizes too big), she started to kind of dance/jump around. This is totally normal for Kate. There's a reason I call her my "jumping bean." But the difference this time is that she is not jumping and dancing with glee. She looked so serious. Then she turns to Jared and says, "Daddy, I can't fly!" Jared repeats her statement, not sure what she's getting at, then she says, "I need batteries (points at wings), this don't work (big frown)." Ha! Baby, if that's all it took, we'd all be flyin'. So cute though. She'd noticed all the boys' new toys transforming magically with the addition of batteries and she hoped she could make her new fairy wings take her for a ride.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I love it when kids open up there minds to us!!! So cute! I also love the new background...very nice!

Mari said...

Precious! My batteries must need replacing too.

Becky said...

That is so cute. Poor Katie! I agree with Jenna, your background is very cute! I have to keep mine somewhat masculine for my all boy family!

Jenny said...

In "Parents" magazine, you can enter funny stories about your kids and get $25! If you want more info, let me know. Either way--a way too cute story!