Anyway, now for the purpose of this post: My sweet little princess turned 3! Katie requested a Tinkerbell cake and it's a miracle I managed even a simple fondant cake. I made a marshmallow fondant since the store-bought stuff is nasty and the real kind had too many ingredients I didn't have and I didn't have time to go to a store. The kids loved this stuff. It pretty much just tastes like marshmallows. Katie is into all things princess, so she got a princess scooter, a dress, and a Thumbelina doll. What a happy girl. We love our Katie, her life is a rollercoaster. She's spreading sunshine and cuteness one minute but the next thing you know she's storming a tantrum like you've never seen before. Here's to another year sweet thing!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
I promised to post some pics of Katie's birthday, I can't believe how long it's taken me to do this. I had forgotten how hard it is to have a cranky baby. Caleb is as bad as Andrew was, maybe worse in some ways. I can almost never put him down, and when I can, it seems like there are a hundred more important things to do than blog - like laundry and cooking and trying to put the chaos in order. Caleb even sleeps with me at night. He wakes up every half hour if I try to make him sleep in his crib. Unfortunately, he was trained that way. He slept on my chest for the 1st two weeks of his life. At first it was because I couldn't get out of the recliner without help, but after the first week it was because I was too tired and weak to get up four times a night. Even after I made it back into a bed, he had to join me. I've decided that I'll have to be one of those mom's that carries her baby around in a sling all day long. He sleeps well in it and it frees up my hands. We'll see how much my back suffers when he's no longer only 8 pounds.
Anyway, now for the purpose of this post: My sweet little princess turned 3! Katie requested a Tinkerbell cake and it's a miracle I managed even a simple fondant cake. I made a marshmallow fondant since the store-bought stuff is nasty and the real kind had too many ingredients I didn't have and I didn't have time to go to a store. The kids loved this stuff. It pretty much just tastes like marshmallows. Katie is into all things princess, so she got a princess scooter, a dress, and a Thumbelina doll. What a happy girl. We love our Katie, her life is a rollercoaster. She's spreading sunshine and cuteness one minute but the next thing you know she's storming a tantrum like you've never seen before. Here's to another year sweet thing!

Anyway, now for the purpose of this post: My sweet little princess turned 3! Katie requested a Tinkerbell cake and it's a miracle I managed even a simple fondant cake. I made a marshmallow fondant since the store-bought stuff is nasty and the real kind had too many ingredients I didn't have and I didn't have time to go to a store. The kids loved this stuff. It pretty much just tastes like marshmallows. Katie is into all things princess, so she got a princess scooter, a dress, and a Thumbelina doll. What a happy girl. We love our Katie, her life is a rollercoaster. She's spreading sunshine and cuteness one minute but the next thing you know she's storming a tantrum like you've never seen before. Here's to another year sweet thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
She has got to be one of the cutest little girls EVER! And the cake turned out so cute! I love, love, love the sparkles! I'm impressed you could do that with a baby that likes to be held. You go girl!
As usual Amy, your cake looks marvelous! I love Katie's princess pose. Aside from the grumpy baby, I'm glad things are going well for you all.
Happy Birthday to Katie. It is hard to believe all the grandkids are growing up so fast. Good luck with the move. Maybe the extra space and with school starting things will get a bit easier with the baby and all.
Hi Amy,
It is Marc Bratsman and I just barely saw the comment you left on our blog 8 months ago. So I say "our blog" like I do anything on it. It is all Chanel, and this comment must have slipped through the cracks. Anyway thank you for reaching out and that is sweet you live in farmington, and cool your husband is working for himself now. My nephew is actually a just arrived in the farmington 4th ward yesterday, he is a greenie and a country farmer idaho boy so I am sure he is in shock even if he won't say it. Anyway I would love to catch up sometime. email me at mbratsman@gmail.com I don't myspace, facebook, twitter, blog or anything else. Actually we do have a flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bratsman/
All the best
Post a Comment