Thursday, July 3, 2008

All Good Things







Sorry we've neglected the blog. You know it's been too long since the last update when you start getting angry email from family members (yes Brett, I heard you). The boys just finished their tee-ball season. We were really lucky having both of them on the same team. Braden is technically too young, but since Jared was the unofficial assistant coach anyway, we just made it official so they'd let the little guy play. He was so cute too! He worked twice as hard as all the bigger kids, and it was hilarious to watch him field. His stance made him look like he was trying to stop traffic and he ran after any ball that was even remotely in his area. The boys both had a lot of fun, but us parents are glad it's over. Man, it was hot out there.

Business update:
Here's my excuse for not updating the blog. Jared's office construction is finally done, so now we're really busy. We've been over there every day lately and we have finally got all the furniture assembled and in place. The computers are in, software installed, and the equipment is ready to go. One of the main projects we have left are sorting 2,000 frames that we purchased from a doc who closed his office. They are just thrown in boxes all willy-nilly and we have no idea what's current and what is discontinued, so we have to look them up one by one in a catalog. So tedious! We also have a bit more clean-up and organizing to do, as well as spending more money on random office supplies. We've set a definite opening date of July 15th and have already scheduled our first patient, so hopefully the calls will keep coming.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Way to go!!! Love the opening date--I'll bet you won't forget that one! If I were in town, I'd schedule an appointment... (:

Sounds like the boys had fun with Tee-ball....we've been doing a little tee-ball clinic through the city with Brinna and Matthew...Matthew loves it...let's just say, after much deliberation, and 3 trial runs, we've decided that Brinna is no longer attending...it got to be a bit daunting when she wouldn't stay in the class unless I stood there holding her hand...and oh the crying and pouting, and evetually the need to call on a babysitter to watch the other kids during her class. I didn't want her to think she could just quit...but, well...some battles aren't worth fighting...I just wish she didn't beg to play tee-ball in the first place! I guess she had to experiment to know she hates it! (:

Stephanie said...

Wow, congrats on the official opening date! That's exciting! Aidan recently finished t-ball and it was such a waste of our time. I wish I would have waited one more year because he just really didn't care that much. Maybe we'll have better luck with soccer! I love the pictures! Good luck with all the finishing stuff for the opening!

Becky said...

Good luck guys! I can't imagine how busy you must be! But at least you only have to do this once, and then you just do your thing! Your kids are getting so much older I can't believe it. It will be fun seeing you in August!