We went to California for a week and a half in August to visit Jared's family. We got back on Andrew's first day of school. So I was pretty busy getting organized and back to the school schedule for a week or so.
Then we had Jared's parents stay with us for a few days (poor things, our AC decided to die the day before they got here.)
Then for Labor Day weekend we went camping. Andrew revealed himself to have some pyro tendencies - I couldn't get the kid away from the fire.
Everyone had fun when it wasn't raining :(
We took the kids to see the narrow gauge scenic train and they thought it was great fun to smash their pennies on the tracks. We're too poor to actually ride the train, but they didn't even care.
2. Did I mention that I'm still primary president?
Oh yah, that definitely has something to do with it. My mind has been everywhere but my calling for a while, so I'm having to regroup.
3. My little girl has decided she's ready to be a big boy now.
4. I'm so not interesting. I don't get out much, and when I do it's usually a midget gathering (I meant kids, you jerks) so there isn't a whole lot of mental stimulation going on, and what little there is comes in the form of reading books - I've never been into writing. I guess I could give a weekly book report, but seriously folks, who wants to read that?
5. I'm lazy. Yep, I'll admit it. I'd rather sit and watch Project Runway any day. I'm as busy as any mom is, but I find that I like some down time where I just turn off my brain. Maybe it's getting atrophy from lack of use. I even seem to lose time. I'll have 3 baskets full of laundry to fold after lunch and somehow it's already time to pick Andrew up from school before I even finish one. Where does my mind go? Nobody knows.

2 comments:
I love your posts Amy, so funny. I love the brainless one, I soooo feel that way a lot! This week I've had sick kids and myself sick and I've just been driven crazy! But thats what being a mom is for right? We had fun seeing you guys, even so short of time. Jackson really gets along really well with your boys, they must just be into the same things. See ya later!
Are you sure there isn't a weekly midget convention down there that you attend regularly?
Love the picture of Katie. Priceless. Save it for when she is dressing for the prom. "You could wear this outfit, with a top of course..."
Post a Comment