On Sunday, Andrew came home with this picture. Apparently, the primary gives them to all the kids in the month of their birthday. Anyway, Andrew was trying to explain to me what the picture was for and what he was supposed to do with it, but I wasn't feeling great that day, so I blew him off (for shame, Amy) and told him to go put it on the table in his room. When I went to get the kids ready for bed that night, this is what I found. He finally got to explain that this picture of the Savior was given to him to remind him to pray always, obey the commandments, and love one another. It meant enough to him that he decided to write it down so we could all be reminded. Sometimes it's easy to ignore the fact that our children have much to teach us. Thanks, Andrew!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Reminders
On Sunday, Andrew came home with this picture. Apparently, the primary gives them to all the kids in the month of their birthday. Anyway, Andrew was trying to explain to me what the picture was for and what he was supposed to do with it, but I wasn't feeling great that day, so I blew him off (for shame, Amy) and told him to go put it on the table in his room. When I went to get the kids ready for bed that night, this is what I found. He finally got to explain that this picture of the Savior was given to him to remind him to pray always, obey the commandments, and love one another. It meant enough to him that he decided to write it down so we could all be reminded. Sometimes it's easy to ignore the fact that our children have much to teach us. Thanks, Andrew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aww, that's so sweet! Don't feel too bad, we all do it!
Isn't it neat to see how the kids really do catch on to what they're taught...well, sometimes anyway! Good job Andrew!
Post a Comment